Saturday 17 August 2013

A 5th Year Anniversary!

Yesterday, Kevin and I celebrated our 5th year anniversary! (wow!) Can't believe how fast time flies. We have had so many awesome adventures over the past 5 years... I can't wait to see what the next 5 bring!

The night before our anniversary, Kevin surprised me with this absolutely gorgeous vase of flowers:


We recently saw purple wildflowers just like this one in Revelstoke, BC on the Meadows in the Sky Parkway and I absolutely loved them! They are so beautiful!

To celebrate we enjoyed a delicious dinner out at a local restaurant called North 54. They have the best ceasar salad we've ever tasted! We tried some lobster ravioli, garlic prawns, lobster tails, and topped it off with some wine and dessert (a white chocolate mousse cake, crème brule and a chocolate truffle) - yum!

It was a bit of a challenge to think of a unique design for my anniversary card this year. I  turned to a sketch from Mojo Monday this week as a guide (sketches always help!). I recently saw an idea on Splitcoast Stampers using the owl builder punch to create silhouette owls. I decided to CASE this idea and incorporate it into the Mojo Monday sketch and just love how it turned out!

 

How cute are those owls? I sponged Midnight Muse and Baja Breeze to make the night sky, and then sponged a 2nd circle with So Saffron ink to create the moon. The branch with leaves comes from the Bird Builder punch and the little hearts add a nice touch. The card front is embossed with stripes and burlap ribbon adds some texture to the card. Here's the Mojo sketch I used:




Thanks for looking!

Card Ingredients:
Stamps: Memorable Moments
Paper: Crumb Cake, So Saffron, Basic Black, Whisper White

Ink: Midnight Muse, Baja Breeze, So Saffron
Tools: Owl Builder punch, Bird Builder punch, Heart to Heart punch, Scallop Circle nestabilities, Circle nestabilities, 1-3/8" Circle punch
Accessories: Burlap ribbon (CTMH)

No comments:

Post a Comment