Thursday 29 August 2013

An Autumn Thank You Card

I know I've been neglecting my blog lately... Once this summertime busyness slows down, I hope to blog more regularly! But then there's craft fair season... It never ends! In any case, I hope to share my papercraft creations that I'm preparing for the upcoming craft fairs on a more regular basis.

We return with a new KCRR challenge!


We chose three items for this week:

Whisper White
More Mustard
Seam-Binding Ribbon
 
While this may seem like an easy combination, my selection of seam-binding ribbon is very few. The only colour I have that seemed to work with this combo was Cherry Cobbler. It turns out this colour, combined with More Mustard, makes a fabulous autumn-themed card! I used the sketch from Mojo Monday this week and made a simple thank-you card:
 



 
I like how the deep red (Cherry Cobbler) stands out against the More Mustard. It reminds me of the red maples in Ontario. I miss the rich beautiful colours of fall in Ontario! 
I used paper from one of my favourite DSP collections - Orchard Harvest - for the card front and wrapped Cherry Cobbler seam-binding ribbon around it. The sentiment is the central image of the card. To keep with the 'thanksgiving/fall' theme, I added stamped leaves and an acorn. Candy dots complete the card (my new favourite embellishment from Stampin Up!).
 

 
Thanks for visiting! Head on over to Karly's Creations to see how she used these three elements in her card creation!
 
Card Ingredients:
Stamps: Vintage Verses (Sale-A-Bration 2013); Wonderfall
Paper: Cherry Cobbler, More Mustard, Whisper White, Orchard Harvest DSP
Ink: Cherry Cobbler, More Mustard, Chocolate Chip
Tools: Ovals Nestabilities, Autumn Accents Bigz Die
Accessories: Cherry Cobbler seam-binding ribbon, Candy Dots


No comments:

Post a Comment