Thursday 15 August 2013

3 Cheers For You!

Hello!

I'm back again after taking a little break! I had the most enjoyable time with my sister and brother-in-law! We had a nice long weekend in Prince George, spending time at the local pool, floating down the river and going for walks. We then took a road trip and went camping throughout parts of Alberta and BC. It was fun to show them around and to enjoy God's beautiful creation! I can't get enough of the turquoise blue lakes and the spectacular rocky mountains!

I think our road trips are coming to an end for this summer season... which always makes me sad. Over the past couple years I've really grown to love traveling!

But now it's back to reality!

It was nice to step away from my crafting projects for a couple weeks, but I'm looking forward to getting back into it again! Sometimes I need that break so I can gain inspiration and motivation.

In one of my last posts, I promised to share the birthday card and gift I made for my sister's birthday. I wanted to make a fun-folded card, so I turned to my binder of ideas and came across one of my favourite folds -- the waterfall card. My sister has a bubbly fun personality so I thought I'd choose a fun colour combo and stamp set. Here's how it turned out:

 
 
Pull on the ribbon and....
 
 
 
 
Pretty cool eh? I hope to make more of these in the near future, so I will try and write up a tutorial to share with you!
 
I also decorated a greeting card box as a gift to go along with the handmade card:
 

 
 
The rose on top of the box is handmade, using cardstock and the ornament punch. I love how it turned out!
 
Ingredients for Waterfall Card:
Stamps: Happy Hour, Especially For You
Paper: Island Indigo, Summer Starfruit, Raspberry Ripple, Primrose Petals, Whisper White, Birds of a Feather DSP
Ink: Island Indigo, Raspberry Ripple, Real Red, Rose Red
Accessories: Rhinestones, Rhinestone brads, Island Indigo Ruffled Ribbon
 
Ingredients for Card Box:
Box - CTMH
Paper: Sycamore Street, Rich Razzleberry
Ink: Rich Razzleberry
Tools: Cricut, Ornament Punch
Accessories: Pearls (Michael's)

No comments:

Post a Comment