Thursday 23 July 2015

Viva La Verve: Welcome Baby

It's been a long time since I've participated in online card challenges! Today I'm linking up with Viva La Verve and their July Week 2 sketch (click here to see the post). I love layered sketches, so this one caught my eye!

 
I looked through a couple of colour challenges this week for inspiration and loved the colour combo from Colour Throwdown (minus the lime-y green). So, while I can't participate in this colour challenge because I didn't use all the colours, I still loved 3 out of 4 of the colours and decided to use them for my card -- Basic Grey, Smokey Slate, and Bermuda Bay. These colours could be use for any occasion. For me, 'baby' came to mind! My daughter's nursery has similar colours - light grey and teal/aqua. Here's a couple pictures of the card:
 

 
I love how it turned out!
 
Card Ingredients:
Stamps: Celebrate Baby (SU)
Paper: Bermuda Bay, Basic Grey, Smokey Slate, Whisper White, I Am Me DSP
Ink: Smokey Slate, Bermuda Bay
Tools: Decorative Dots embossing folder, Circles nestabilities
Accessories: Basic Grey satin ribbon, Bakers Twine (CTMH)

3 comments:

  1. Very sweet Charissa! I love the color choices too and all the different elements in this card. Thank you for sharing your work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the grey and turquoise colour combo yo used. Darling card. Thanks for playing along.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fabulous card! All the details are just perfect. Thanks for playing along with VLV!

    ReplyDelete