Thursday 23 January 2014

KCRR32 - A Triple Challenge

We are back with a new KCRR challenge today!

 
This week we decided to make it a triple challenge and add a 3rd element to the mix:

Comfort Café DSP
Sycamore Street ribbon & button pack (from Sale-a-Bration)
Apothecary Art Stamp Set 

To be honest, this one was a real challenge for me! Luckily Comfort Café DSP has the colour Pool Party in it, which is one of the colours in the ribbon & button pack. However, I still struggled with what designer paper to use. And then throwing Apothecary Art stamp set in the mix kind of stumped me! I decided to just simply use one of the sentiments in the stamp set.

I chose the latest sketch from Retro Sketches to use as the base of my card design because it was so unique.


I think this sketch actually added to my creative block... I'm not always a big fan of white space and as I was making this card, there was a lot of white space in my design. So I changed it up a couple times, adding more stamped images to it and some embellishments and I just love how it turned out in the end!

 
I think the colour combo Midnight Muse and Sahara Sand look fabulous with the soft pastel Pool Party! To fill some of the white space on the right panel, I added stamped images from the Flowering Flourishes stamp set - one I haven't used that often. I also embellished it with chevrons, pearls and a Pool Party button. I kept the other panel fairly simple and just embellished it with Pool Party ribbon.
 
 

Thanks for stopping by! Click here to see Karly's take on this challenge!
 
Card Ingredients:
Stamps: Apothecary Art, Flowering Flourishes
Paper: Midnight Muse, Sahara Sand, Very Vanilla, Comfort Café DSP
Ink: Midnight Muse, Pool Party
Tools: Corner Rounder punch, Chevron Border punch
Accessories: Sycamore Street ribbon & button pack, pearls (Michael's)

1 comment:

  1. That's beautiful! I love the colors, and the details!

    ReplyDelete