Thursday 16 January 2014

KCRR31 - Zoo Baby Zebra

It has been WAY too long since Karly and I have posted a new KCRR challenge! After the busyness of craft fair season and then Christmas, it's good to get back into a routine with card challenges again!


We randomly chose the following two elements to be included in our papercraft project this week:

Elegant Bouquet Embossing Folder
Basic Gray
 

This was a nice and simple challenge to start off the new year with! To go along with the simple elements, I chose a clean and simple sketch from Sketch Saturday and decided to make a baby card. I used Basic Gray as my card base colour and then added a lighter gray - Smokey Slate - to complement it. It needed a pop of colour so I chose one of the new Stampin Up in-colours - Crisp Cantaloupe, as well as Pool Party. I pulled out my new favourite animal stamp set - Zoo Babies - and this is the end result:

 
I think this makes a very sweet baby card. The zebra is adorable and I love the pastel colour combo (my new Stampin Up Colour Coach came in handy!)

 
 
Thanks for stopping by! Make sure to hop on over to Karly's Creations to see how she used these two elements in her papercraft creation!
 
Card Ingredients:
Stamps; Zoo Babies
Paper: Basic Gray, Smokey Slate, Whisper White, Pool Party, 2014-2015 In-Colour DSP
Ink: Basic Gray
Tools: 1-1/4" Circle punch, 1" circle punch, Elegant Bouquet embossing folder

1 comment:

  1. I love the clean design and strong contrasts of your pretty card. Super cute zebra too! Thank you for joining us at Sketch Saturday this week. Hugs, Lesley

    ReplyDelete