Friday 17 January 2014

Inspired By... a Snazzy Outfit!

Happy Friday!

Today is especially happy as I have a new niece! She was born last night and is a healthy bundle of joy!

And...we are back with a new inspirational photo challenge!


This week's photo came from Pinterest (what a great place to look for inspiration!)


I love the colours in this outfit! The pop of aqua blue-green against the yellow looks fabulous! I decided to combine this challenge with an older Deconstructed Sketch that caught my eye:

 
I love the layers in this sketch and thought it would work out well for the colours I pulled from the photo above. I decided to use Bermuda Bay, Daffodil Delight, Calypso Coral, and Sahara Sand to make a bright and cheerful birthday card!

 
I added some texture to the card by embossing the piece of Bermuda Bay cardstock with the Square Lattice embossing folder. The central image is a simple vase with flowers from the Bright Blossoms stamp set that I recently added to my stamp collection. To embellish the card, I added 3 small rhinestones in one corner and a bright yellow button with some bakers twine in the other.
 

 
Thanks for visiting! Make sure to stop by Karly's Creations to see how this photo inspired her!

Card Ingredients:
Stamps: Bright Blossoms, Family Reunion
Paper: Bermuda Bay, Daffodil Delight, Sahara Sand, Calypso Coral, Whisper White, 2012-2013 In-Colour DSP
Ink: Bermuda Bay, Calypso Coral
Tools: Square Lattice embossing folder, Circles nestabilities, corner rounder punch
Accessories: Daffodil Delight button, white bakers twine (CTMH), rhinestones (Michael's)

No comments:

Post a Comment