Saturday 3 May 2014

A Super Mario Birthday Card

Just this past week, my brother-in-law, Victor, celebrated a birthday. From what I hear, one of his favourite past times was to play video games, in particular Super Mario. So I thought, wouldn't it be fun to create a punch art card with this video game character on it :)
I was inspired by a card I found on Pinterest (unfortunately the website link no longer exists) and made one of my own using punches and pieces of cardstock. 


I think it quite closely resembles Super Mario! It was a challenge trying to figure out which size punches / nestabilities would work for each part of the face, but I love how it turned out! I kept the remainder of the card super simple and just embossed the card front with an argyle design. 


 

Thanks for stopping by! Tomorrow I will share a second birthday card made for another brother's birthday this past week. 

Card Ingredients:
Paper: Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, Real Red, Blush Blossom, Basic Black, Tempting Turquoise, Whisper White
Ink: Pink Pirouette, Real Red (for sponging), Real Red marker
Tools: Circles nestabilities, Ovals nestabilities, 1-1/4" Circle punch, Scallop Circle punch, Small Oval punch, Argyle embossing folder

No comments:

Post a Comment