Thursday 27 June 2013

A Belated Father's Day Card

I wanted to share with you a father's day card I made for my father-in-law. (I would have also liked to share the card I made for my dad, but unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture of it before I sent it to him!). Ok, so I'm a couple weeks late, but better late than never, right? :)

This card is probably one of my favourites. I'm starting to use the collage technique in a lot of my card designs. As you already know I love lots of layers and embellishments. Just add some distressing, embossing and stamped images and you have a collage card!


I used a new Stampin Up hostess set that I was able to pre-order and I absolutely love it! It's called Simply Sketched. My father-in-law loves nature, wildlife and bird watching so I thought this card would be perfect for him! I created a birds nest from hemp twine and used pearls for the eggs. The edges of the card front are distressed and sponged with Crumb Cake ink. The burlap ribbon and the wood-embossed cardstock add to the collage design. I stamped "happy father's day" and popped them up to give the card some dimension.


 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Card Ingredients:
Stamps: Simply Sketched, Teeny Tiny Wishes, French Foliage
Paper: Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Soft Suede
Ink: Soft Suede
Tools: Frame Embossing Folder, Woodgrain Embossing Folder, Distress Tool
Accessories: Burlap Ribbon (CTMH), hemp twine, pearls (Michael's), Linen Thread 


No comments:

Post a Comment