Wednesday 26 June 2013

Happy Birthday to my Brother!

Today is my older brother, Tim's birthday! Unfortunately, I don't get to see him often as he lives in Uganda, Africa. Tim and his wife, Angie, are leaders of a missionary team there. They do such wonderful work and have made such an impact on many of the people. But, I miss him! Growing up together, I was quite close with Tim. And when Tim married Angie, me and my younger sister developed quite a bond with them! We would often visit them in Grand Rapids, Michigan and have the best time! It's been hard to keep that bond from a distance, but I think of them often and hope one day we can all live closer together again.

I created a fun punch art card for Tim. He loves Reese's Pieces, so here's what I came up with:



I simply used a scallop punch and punched it twice to create the spiked edges. I used a circle punch for the centre, but had to shape it by cutting free-hand. I used the Owl punch for the small crumbs and that's all there's to it! I think it somewhat resembles a Reese's Pieces, what do you think? :)


 
Here's wishing him a great day!
 

Card Ingredients:

Stamps: Loved Ones
Paper: Crumb Cake, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Tools: Scallop Circle Nestabilities, Circle Nestabilities, Scallop Punch, 1-3/8" Circle Punch, Owl Builder Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment