Wednesday 15 May 2013

40th Wedding Anniversary Wishes!

Wishing my wonderful parents a very Happy 40th Anniversary today! What a day to celebrate! To give a brief history, they met in the Netherlands and moved to Canada shortly after they were married. They are still Dutch citizens to this day! To celebrate, they took a trip to Holland and are now enjoying time with family. They raised their 5 children in a loving Christian home and continue to be such a blessing in our lives. We couldn't ask for better parents! Here are some lovely pictures I found of the two of them:



To give them my best wishes from afar, I handmade a card that I thought would be perfect for them. A while ago, I found a retired Stampin Up stamp set called "The Netherlands". I just had to buy it! My parents are true Dutchies and I knew they would love this card:



I used a past sketch from Sweet Sunday Sketch as the base design for my card and chose Pumpkin Pie, Early Espresso, So Saffron and Very Vanilla for the colour combo.

 
On the front of the card is a traditional Windmill image and a dutch wooden shoe (called klompen) filled with tulips. On the inside of the card I stamped a row of tulips. And on the envelope I stamped a cute image of a dutch couple.



As always, thanks for taking the time to read my blog. Make sure to come back tomorrow for a new KCRR challenge! (Karly and I have changed the day for the KCRR challenge to Thursday and the 'Inspired By...' challenge to Friday, since weekends are a busy time for us in the summer!)

Card Ingredients:
Stamps: The Netherlands, Memorable Moments
Paper: Pumpkin Pie, Early Espresso, Very Vanilla, Subtles DSP
Ink: Early Espresso
Tools: 1-3/4" Circle punch, Circles nestabilities
Accessories: Pearls (Michael's)

No comments:

Post a Comment