Tuesday 17 June 2014

A Mini Getaway and Father's Day Recap

It's been a while since my last post! With the weather warming up and summer just around the corner, it leaves me with less time indoors and less time for crafting. I feel like I've neglected my craft supplies lately! But, all in all, I'm really happy summer is almost here. I've already enjoyed a mini getaway just a couple weekends ago. My hubby and I drove down to Fairmont Hot Springs, BC where we met with some of our siblings and enjoyed a weekend of golfing, relaxing in the hot springs, soaking up the sun by the pool and going for a scenic hike next to beautiful Moraine Lake! It was a great time and well worth the 10 hr drive to get there! Here are some photos my husband took of wildlife along the way:




----------------------------------------------------------

Our Father's Day was quiet... It's times like these I wish I was closer to home! We made sure to call home and give our best wishes to our Dad's! I sent a card to each of them, to let them know we are thinking of them.

This one was for my Dad:



I made this one last year with my Dad in mind. He loves the ocean and boats, so I thought a nautical-themed card would be perfect for him. 

I made a nature-themed card for my father-in-law:



I love the Canadian goose stamp in the Wetlands Stampin Up stamp set. The sketchy style of these stamps makes it look like a drawing. I think this is a very fitting card for my father-in-law as he loves the outdoors! 

Thanks for stopping by! 

No comments:

Post a Comment