Monday 28 July 2014

A Mid-Summer Update and a Dinosaur Card-in-a-Box

Another month and a half has flown by! Summer is a busy time and seems to leave less time for crafting and more time for traveling and spending time outdoors. It's been a great summer so far. Just last month my parents came for a visit and we all went camping on beautiful Vancouver Island, touring around parts of Victoria - what an awesome trip! We've had some hot days here in Prince George, which I am not complaining about. I love the summer heat! However, along with the dry heat we've had some serious forest fires throughout B.C., which are still raging in some parts of B.C. One morning, not too long ago, there was a fire fairly close to Prince George, covering the city with thick smoke and a red haze, making it seem like night time until 10AM! 

A lot of changes will be coming up for my hubby and I. Not only are we expecting our first child in January, but we are also moving back to our home province of Ontario!! It's going to be a bitter-sweet move, as we have grown to love the beautiful scenery of BC, but we are stoked to be moving closer to family and friends, especially with a little one on the way! 

I have been crafting on occasion this summer, making birthday cards for family members, but also completing orders for friends and Etsy customers. Just recently, a friend asked me to make a pop-up baby shower card for her nephew's baby shower. She makes adorable baby items and needed a card to go along with her gift. I may have mentioned TC Creations before... Here's the picture of a blanket she made to use as inspiration:


I had to put my thinking cap on for this one! Since I have no dinosaur stamps, I thought it would be fun to make punch art characters. I did some Pinterest searching and found some great ideas. I created the characters using papercrafting blogs as inspiration and adding my own personal touch. Here's the finished product:


Adorable, right!? I just love how it turned out! The green dinosaur was inspired by Song of My Heart Stampers, the adorable baby dino was inspired by KB Papercraft, and the stegosaurus was inspired by Stamps 'n Jewels. I had to play with the sizing of each dinosaur by using smaller punched out shapes so that it would fit in the card-in-a-box. It was challenging, but so worth it! Each panel was layered with Early Espresso cardstock and Tempting Turquoise DSP. 



Thanks for stopping by! I hope to blog more often as time permits. I really miss it and can't wait to spend more time participating in card challenges and sharing my creations with you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment