Sunday 1 June 2014

Punch Art Owl Doctor

I had a request to make a graduation card for someone whose family member just graduated and is now a doctor. I knew I wanted to incorporate punch art in this card (one of my favourite 'techniques') and came across an adorable doctor/nurse get well card using the Owl Builder punch. I loved the clever stethoscope on the doctor owl and thought I would use this idea for the graduation card. Playing along with Mojo Monday's latest sketch, everything came together so nicely:



I used the Arrows embossing folder to add some texture to the card front. A strip of chevron designer paper in Midnight Muse is embellished with pleated ribbon in Baja Breeze (one of my favourite retired Stampin Up colours). I created the stethoscope using the Small Oval punch and the circles from the Owl Builder punch. The graduation cap was created using the Curly Label punch (to create the peak at the bottom of the cap) and the top of the cap was cut free hand. 


I finished it off with a matching envelope, which was so easy to make using the Envelope Punch Board! 

Thanks for stopping by! 

Card Ingredients: 
Stamps: Family Reunion (ret.)
Paper: Midnight Muse, Baja Breeze (ret.), Whisper White, Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Basic Black, Comfort Cafe DSP (ret.)
Ink: Midnight Muse
Tools: Owl Builder punch, Curly Label punch (ret.), Small Oval punch, Arrows Embossing Folder
Accessories: Baja Breeze pleated ribbon (ret.)

No comments:

Post a Comment