Thursday 3 October 2013

KCRR: An Autumn Thank You Card

Can't believe it's already October! As much as I love Summer, the Autumn season is one of my favourite times of the year. I love the leaves changing colour, pumpkin-flavoured teas and desserts, thanksgiving dinners and cozy fall sweaters. Not to mention, my birthday happens to fall in the month of October! I celebrated it a couple days ago - I was spoiled! Lots of thoughtful birthday wishes, surprises and a delicious dinner out. I feel so blessed to have so many wonderful people in my life! I do feel just a tad bit older this year, though, as I am entering the last year of my twenties - yikes! But, I look forward to a great year ahead and can't wait to see what God has in store for us!

After a long break, we are back with a new KCRR challenge!


We randomly chose three items for this week's challenge:
 

Pacific Point
Leaves
Cute Clips
 
This was a good challenge, as Pacific Point is not a colour I use very often. It is a bright, vibrant colour and can sometimes be hard to coordinate with other elements/colours in a card. I had a look through my stacks of designer paper that has Pacific Point in it and came across "International Bazaar" DSP. I used the designer paper as a layer on the card front and then layered pieces of cardstock designer paper on top. I softened the brightness of the card by adding a neutral (Early Espresso) and a subtle (So Saffron). Here's how it turned out:
 
 
I never thought blue and green would really pair up that nicely together, but I love the addition of Lucky Limeade in this colour combo! I added some texture by embossing the Early Espresso cardstock with woodgrain design, as well as the leaves, to go with the autumn theme. At first I wasn't too sure where to place the cute clip arrow, but it worked out quite well in my design! I placed it so that the arrow pointed towards the sentiment which is the central focus of the card. Candy dots and a button with twine embellish the card.
 
I love the layout of this card. I used last week's Deconstructed Sketch as the base of my design:



Thanks for stopping by! Make sure to hop on over to Karly's Creations to see what she has created with this week's elements!

Join us tomorrow for a new inspirational challenge!

Card Ingredients:
Stamps: Made for You, Wonderfall
Paper: Lucky Limeade, Whisper White, So Saffron, Early Espresso, Pacific Point, International Bazaar DSP, Subtles DSP
Ink: Early Espresso
Tools: Autumn Accents Bigz Die, Woodgrain Embossing Folder, Square Lattice Embossing Folder, Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder
Accessories: So Saffron Candy Dots, Cute Clip arrow, Tempting Turquoise button, Linen Thread



No comments:

Post a Comment