Friday 4 October 2013

Inspired By... David's Tea!

I have always been a tea drinker, and recently this past year I was introduced to David's Tea. If you are not familiar with it, they have so many wonderful flavours of loose tea - anything you can think of! Some of my favourites are Forever Nuts, The Glow, and most recently Pumpkin Spice! So delicious!

For this week's "Inspired By..." challenge, it was my turn to choose the inspirational photo. David's Tea posted a fabulous picture for their fall collection and I thought it would be perfect for the Autumn season!

 


I love the colour combo in this photo! I chose to use Midnight Muse, Pumpkin Pie, Early Espresso, Daffodil Delight and Smokey Slate. I also like the pattern of leaves on one of the mugs and decided to incorporate that in my card. Here's what I came up with:

 
In addition to using the colours and leaves from the photo, I also added some texture -- woodgrain and chevron embossed patterns. I then embellished the card with Daffodil Delight stitched ribbon. 
 
 
Thanks for looking! Drop by Karly's Creations to see how this photo inspired her!

Card Ingredients:
Stamps: French Foliage, Short & Sweet (ret.)
Paper: Smokey Slate, Early Espresso, Whisper White, Midnight Muse, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight
Ink: Pumpkin Pie, Midnight Muse, Smokey Slate, Daffodil Delight
Tools: Woodgrain Embossing Folder, Chevron Embossing Folder, Scallop Border Punch
Accessories: Daffodil Delight stitched ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment