Tuesday 3 December 2013

Craft Fair Finds and Belated Birthday Wishes

Craft fair season is over! It's sad, but also a relief. It's been a good year. Three big craft fairs kept me busy almost every night, making everything from mini albums to punch art gift tags to bookmarks.  Here is a photo of my latest display:

 
My hubby has been a big help with setting up/cleaning up, manning my booth and even demonstrating my pop-up ornaments and mini-albums! I couldn't be more grateful for all the support he gives me during the crazy craft fair season.

Not only do I love to share my crafts at these fairs, I also love walking around and getting to know other vendors. There are so many talented people in Prince George! I always stop to see my fellow vendor, TC Creations. She makes the cutest bibs, burpies, crinklers, and more. I know that when we have kids, she will be one of the first shops I go to for baby stuff!

Another vendor I love to see is Orange U Creative. She is one talented lady! She makes the most beautiful feather headpieces, earrings, necklaces, hairclips... I already own quite a few feather earrings and have asked for a couple more custom orders. Check her out on facebook!  

Every year we see a retired fellow selling wooden birdhouses and birdfeeders. This year we decided to purchase one:

 
I love it! The reason it's displayed in our apartment right now is because we live in a basement suite and really wouldn't get to enjoy watching the birds from our window. So for now it will make a nice house decor piece until we move :)
 
To add to my ornament collection, I bought this cute handmade wooden angel ornament from another vendor:
 
 
How cute is that? I love unique ornaments.
 
I look forward to craft fair season next year, wherever it may be and hope to start preparing much earlier this time around. I will also be spending time updating my Etsy shop in the meantime! Stay tuned! :)
_________________________________________________________
 
Yesterday, my brother-in-law, Eugene, celebrated his 40th birthday! I normally send family members my handmade cards, but this time I thought I would send him something different. My hubby is an awesome photographer, taking photos of landscapes and wildlife mostly. We saw a lot of sheep on our last mini camping trip in Jasper and this one caught our eye...
 
 
So funny! What a perfect picture to put on a card and send to Eugene for his 40th! :)
 
I'm hoping this put a smile on his face :) Happy Birthday Eugene!




No comments:

Post a Comment